UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ericse
Visitor

System Generator AC701 board specific I/O

Hello,

I am trying to get use System Generator co-simulation on the AC701 (Artix 7) evaluation board with the ISE 14.5 tools. From the system generator user guide, I see that to get IO working I need to create "non-memory mapped gateway blocks". What is the best way to do this? I have tried the following approaches:

1) Use the system generator wizard. To do this, I attempted to create a new co-simulation hardware target and then add my IO in the wizard. However, the Artix 7 doesn't appear as a targetable device -- so I am unable to proceed.

2) Manually modify the AC701 JTAG co-simulation target. I have found the target folder ...\sysgen\plugins\compilation\Hardware Co-Simulation\AC701\ and I was planning to edit the UCF file, xml file, the ac701_target.m file, the ac701_postgeneration.m file, etc. However, all that exists in this folder is "xltarget.m", which doesn't point to any of the files that are typically generated when you create a custom compilation target... So I don't know where to go to add the gateway block information?

Where is system generator looking to get the ac701 target information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor ericse
Visitor

Re: System Generator AC701 board specific I/O

Even some direction on where to look would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Visitor ericse
Visitor

Re: System Generator AC701 board specific I/O

Okay, I managed to get JTAG hw-cosimulation running with the board specific I/O. To get it going, I had to create a custom compilation target using a different FPGA and then edit the generated .m, .ucf, and .xml files to change the FPGA part to the artix 7 and add the board specific I/O. I created a library that includes the various user I/O.

If anyone is interested, I have attached a zip file with the files needed to target this board. To use it, unzip the folder into your hardware co-simulation folder in the install directory, i.e.:

"C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\plugins\compilation\Hardware Co-Simulation"

(after unziping you will have a folder: C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\plugins\compilation\Hardware Co-Simulation\AC701io\ with several files in it.)

0 Kudos