UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

System Generator GUI socket server timedout

Hi

Trying to open the properties dialog box by double clicking a system generator block. In this case a gateway Out Block. After a while, the following is displayed in the command window 
Warning: The System Generator GUI socket server timedout while waiting for an incoming socket connection. To tune the acceptTimeout value in the xlServerSocketOptions.m file. The xlServerSocketOptions.m file is on your MATLAB path and can be edited by typing 'edit xlServerSocketOptions.m' in the MATLAB console. 

and after more time, a pop up error window is displayed.

I made sure that all my version of matlab, xilinx vivado and linux match the requirements. These are as follows

Matlab R2018a is being used with vivado 2018.3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 7

Not sure how to fix it

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: System Generator GUI socket server timedout

Hi
Such issues occur in two cases
1. Permission issue in the Linux machine
2. after the sysgen upgradation

If you did not upgrade the SysGen, then please look for the permission issue. If permission are fine, then try to reinstall the SysGen.

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

System generator has never been upgraded from any older versions. It was installed once at version 2018.3 and that's it

How do I look at permission exactly. I will need more exact details about what to look at.

Amish

0 Kudos

It looks you have your personal machine (not on the server). Then there should not be any permission issue. 

Note that RHEL 7.0 and 7.1 are not supported by Vivado 2018.3. 

• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation/Server 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, and 7.5 (64-bit)
• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, and 6.9 (64-bit)

Can you see the below post as well, 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-IP-and-Tools/System-Generator-GUI-Socket-Server-Timeout/td-p/642284

Most of the time "reinstallating the Vivado and Matlab" resolved the issue. 

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...