Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbhiskp
Adventurer
Adventurer

System Generator: Initialization log?

Hi all,

I am fairly new to System Generator / Matlab. I have started with the tutorial UG948 and could run everything successfully. Now I have started simulating my own VHDL module.

I noticed that it was "initializing" for a long time, with load on the CPU core. Eventually I interrupted it. I did not find a log to see the steps or status of the initialization. By coincidence I found that I forgot to add one of the source files with "this_block.addFile", and after this upon running the simulation I was confronted with some errors in the code to fix, and could go on after that.

Now again it is stuck at "Initializing".

My question: How can I know whether the simulation is indeed valid and all the sources are present, and it is really taking some time for initialization - or something is wrong in my model and this is why it is stuck? How can I observe what is happening? Now I can guess at best, and hope that I did not make any mistakes. And wait....

Cheers 
Johannes

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vkanchan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @cbhiskp ,

Sysgen would create a log file ending with sysgen.log file in the design folder. Also if the XSIM simulator is used, vivado.log is also created. Are these files not created ?

Can you tell me which version of the MATLAB and Sysgen combination is installed on your PC and which OS version is used ?

Also, can you re-try after clearing out the cache. Run the below command in MATLAB console and delete the path it displays.

"xilinx.environment.getipcachepath"

0 Kudos
scott_sysgen
Visitor
Visitor

I believe I am having a similar problem, which I posed as a question in another thread.  I did try removing the cache, which did not help.

0 Kudos
scott_sysgen
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos