cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

System Generator Really Odd Error 0001:

I'm relatively new to the Xilinx EDK workflow, and am getting a very strange error.  I've built an extremely simple example model in Simulink.  It is a sine wave source that goes through two paths.  One is directly to a scope.  The other path goes through a Gateway In, into a xilinx multiply block (multiplied by a constant 10), then a gateway out to another scope.

I've been working with generating pcores in EDK before, but am getting a very strange error (this is the contents of the entire sysgen_error.log file):

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version                                 Path
System Generator 10.1.3.1386            F:/Xilinx/SysGen/DSP_Tools/sysgen
AccelDSP 10.1.3.1386                    F:/Xilinx/SysGen/DSP_Tools/AccelDSP
Matlab 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)               F:/MATLAB/R2008a
ISE 10.1.03i                            F:/Xilinx/ISE/ISE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: caught standard exception
     Block: Unspecified
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
  Unspecified

Details:
standard exception: XNetlistEngine:
XTreeView::lookup_vertex: lookup failed

I seem to remember getting this error before, but the solution was special characters in the file path.  This time, the model is saved in a path with no special characters, and the pcore's Target directory is simply f:/first_test_pcore.

Unfortunately, this is a very vague error, and there is very little information available on it.

I've tried all the "let's try this first" stuff like clearing the sysgen cache, checking file paths, deleting and reinserting both the EDK and Sysgen tokens, restarting MATLAB, restarting the machine, etc.

I really need help with this so I'm posting here.

Thanks in advanced,

--

Justyn

PS, I can attach the model, or a screen cap, but it is very very simple.  I also apologize if this is not the correct place to post this question, but I think it's a general enough question that should have a definitive answer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: System Generator Really Odd Error 0001:

Is this a bug, or is there a real way to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

As a note:

I can generate the EDK pcore using MATLAB/Simulink R2009b, Sysgen  12.3.

I can NOT generate the EDK pcore using MATLAB/Simulink R2008a, Sysgen 10.1.3.

The simulation of the model works perfectly in both setups.

We have worked with much larger Simulink projects in the latter setup with no such errors.

Any information/help would be appreciated on this subject!

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

The solution came from copying and pasting an EDK block from a working project into this new project that wouldn't generate.

In the working project, if you choose to "look under subsystem mask" of the EDK processor block, there is a legitimate subsystem consisting of Xilinx blocks:

good.png

If you choose the same option with the EDK block that caused the failure, there's only a copyright notice.bad.png

Although this is a solution, it's a hack.  Why can't I simply go to the library browser and pull an EDK Processor block out and place it?

0 Kudos