UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Viterbi Decoder

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I would like to decode 500 (encoded by a convolution encoder with 1 / 2 rate and a constraint length of 7) bits by using Viterbi decoder (IP core) to get 250 bits output. 

Configuration of the Viterbi Decoder IP core in the Block Design:

Standard Viterbi Type, Constraint Length 7, Traceback length 96, Parallel Architecture, Best State is not used, No Puncturing, Hard Coding, convolution codes are (1011011 and 1111001), BER symbol count is not used.

I want to write a function in C. Each time I call this function, It decodes 500 bits by using Ip core to get 250 bits output. 

- However I do not know how many bits I will give the viterbi decoder to get outputs I desired.

- I do not know how I will use aresetn, tvalid signals.

- for s_axis_data_tdata there are two bits for rate 2. Is DATA_IN0 and DATA_IN1 1.and 8. bits,respectively?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

回复: Viterbi Decoder

Jump to solution

- However I do not know how many bits I will give the viterbi decoder to get outputs I desired.

A: see the "implementation details" tab of Viterbi decoder GUI. 

A: see PG027 -Viterbi decoder IP PG.

- for s_axis_data_tdata there are two bits for rate 2. Is DATA_IN0 and DATA_IN1 1.and 8. bits,respectively?

A: see the "implementation details" tab of Viterbi decoder IP GUI. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

A: see the "implementation details" tab of Viterbi decoder GUI. 

A: see PG027 -Viterbi decoder IP PG.

A: see the "implementation details" tab of Viterbi decoder IP GUI. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

A: see PG027 -Viterbi decoder IP PG.  I searched and I found how to do it.

A: see the "implementation details" tab of Viterbi decoder IP GUI.  I searched and I found yhe answer.

Thanks.

A: see the "implementation details" tab of Viterbi decoder GUI. Still I do not know this. Please Can you send a sceenshot of it? In my opinion, viterbi decoder  operates on continuous bit stream. I have to know the starting and finishing points of the trellis.Because I dont want to operate it as continuous bit stream. Am I correct?

Each time I call my function, viterbi decoder will decode 500 bits to get 250 bits. I put the input as  500 + traceback lenght , it did not work. I put the input as  traceback lenght + 500 + traceback lenght , It did not work. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can you accpet the reply as the solution if it answers your question?

It's better if you can put the different questions in different topics.

For block decoding of Viterbi, see XAPP551.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I will see. Thanks for you advices.

0 Kudos