Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Waveform Viewer not displaying signals from Sysgen

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,

After installing System Generator, I've been completely unable to use the Xilinx Waveform Viewer from Simulink/Sysgen. I have reduced the problem to the simplest example which demonstrates my problem, and the strange thing is other people on my team with a near-identical setup can run it with no problem.

Can someone please tell me how to diagnose why the heck it doesn't work for me!

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open Sysgen and open the attached simulation.
  2. Right Click in the workspace and select 'Xilinx Waveform Viewer'
    • The Waveform Viewer opens with a square wave for 10 cycles, and a blank signal corresponding to the multiplier output.
    • Clicking on the signal makes the wire in Simulink flash, so it is connected.
  3. Run the simulation, optionally opening the scope.
    • Simulation runs, scope displays output.
  4. Check the Waveform Viewer.

What I see: Waveform viewer still just has that square wave.
What my Co-workers see: Waveform viewer has a sine wave on the first channel (becomes clearer if you hit the zoom fit button)

Scope outputScope outputSignal that is being monitoredSignal that is being monitored
Waveform viewer, after running simulation.Waveform viewer, after running simulation.

Please help; right now the product simply does not function and this is blocking my work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing that I had different than my team was that I was on MATLAB 2017a and they were on 2018a. So I upgraded to 2018a. No luck.

All that was left to do was blow away all bits of Xilinx Vivado and Sysgen off my computer, and reinstall from scratch. Luckily, that seems to have fixed it.image.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing that I had different than my team was that I was on MATLAB 2017a and they were on 2018a. So I upgraded to 2018a. No luck.

All that was left to do was blow away all bits of Xilinx Vivado and Sysgen off my computer, and reinstall from scratch. Luckily, that seems to have fixed it.image.png

View solution in original post

Thank you for providing the solution.

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...
0 Kudos