UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hyfsysu
Visitor

What algorithm does Xilinx use for division and square-root in the Floating-Point Operator IP?

Jump to solution

I have read the document " Floating-Point Operator v7.1 LogiCORE IP Product Guide ". In Chapter 4 page 33, it says:

"

Cycles per Operation

The Cycles per Operation Vivado IDE parameter describes the minimum number of cycles
that must elapse between inputs. This rate can be specified. A value of 1 allows operands to
be applied on every clock cycle, and results in a fully-parallel circuit. A value greater than 1
enables hardware reuse. The resources consumed by the core reduces as the number of
cycles per operation is increased. A value of 2 approximately halves the resources used. A
fully sequential implementation is obtained when the value is equal to Fraction Width+1 for
the square-root operation, and Fraction Width+2 for the divide operation.

"

I know there are some common algorithms for divison and square-root, such as non-restoring, newton-raphson, goldschmidt, SRT. According to the above description, I guess it uses non-restoring. 

Can anyone give me some information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

回复: What algorithm does Xilinx use for division and square-root in the Floating-Point Operator IP?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the algorithm info can not shared.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

回复: What algorithm does Xilinx use for division and square-root in the Floating-Point Operator IP?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the algorithm info can not shared.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos