cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Where to download system generator VSK 9.2 ?

My system generator 9.1 is not compatible with my Matlab R14 student version. Only with matlab 2006 Full version.Unfortunately they never issued a 2006 student version. They DO have a 2007 student version, but SG9.1 does not work with that.

Has a 'knock' down version been made of sysgen 9.2 that would be bundled with the Video Starter Kit?
..this version is only for the Virtex 4 that is on the VIdeo starter kit.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The last and final VSK specific installer is for System Generator 9.1.  To obtain a newer version of System Generator you need to purchase the software; alternatively you may be able to request a grant through the Xiilnx University Program.  If you're not able to obtain an older MATLAB install (9.1 is supported on 2006a and 2006b) you can get a free 60 day evaluation of System Generator for DSP 9.2.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you already own a VSK, you can let your sales person know, and they can help you get access to the necessary updates.

Also you should be ware that the designs should continue to work in later versions of System Generator for DSP, but the demos are only suported through System Generator v9.1 as they will not be updated beyond that version. 
Chris
Versal ACAP: AI Engines | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,
Im new to using these FPGAs. I have a Video starter kit with ML402 board and VIODC. I downloaded the VSK stand alone reference design[http://www.xilinx.com/products/devboards/reference_design/VSK_StandAlone_91.zip] and compiled it using sysgen 9.1 and burnt it on the board. I used the drop down menus and set the following options:
compile type : BITSTREAM
input : LVDS camera
output : VGA

It compiled succesfully and i regenerated the bitstream after placing the ucf file.[as suggested in the readme.txt].... But no output was found on the monitor. But the switches and LEDS were working properly. Then I routed the output of the camera to LEDs and the LEDs were glowing arbitrarily, which the input part is correct. But as soon as I connect the VGA monitor, the LEDs stop changing. They come to a still.

I dont understand what was going, Plz help me out.....

vamsidhar
0 Kudos