UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor walking
Visitor

error while working WIth matlab 2010a and windows 7 Ultimate

hello,
I am using Xilinx system generator 13.2 with MATLAB 2010a.My program contain combination of Xilinx blockset and embedded MATLABfunction when i run that code suddenly error comes "MATLAB STOPPED WORKING" "Windows is looking for solution ......" and program terminates in unusual way without saving changes in program.I have unistalled and installed MATLAB version 2010a many times but still same problem I am facing.Please suggest me solution.
Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: error while working WIth matlab 2010a and windows 7 Ultimate

Hi,

when u r uninstalling matlab make sure that after unstalling u have to delete all the matlab files manually within program files if not uninstalled automatically, also uninstall ISE 13.2 design suite.. and reinstall it , it's an internal threading problem and some problamatic .dll files which creates the problem..

all d best..I got the solution with it..

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos
Visitor walking
Visitor

I have already followed the procedures many times but can't get satisfactory result. Thanks for your kind suggestion.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

you have licensing problem, pls see that u r using valid license for ISE DESIGN SUITE

best regards

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos
Observer thobie
Observer

You are not for real saying that a professional software causes a hang if there's a licensing problem?!

No software should hang in any case.

I had the similar behaviour even when the code synthetized ok in Xilinx ISE environment. I think it had something to do with fixed point notation and using indexing with UFIXED (-2 downto -6) or something - Matlab just hanged without writing anything to logs. Nice to try to debug!

0 Kudos
Visitor walking
Visitor

Thank U Thobie...........i will try your solution.

Best Regards

0 Kudos