Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

fir compiler to find dc gain

Hi everyone. 

I am new to Xilinx and I am afraid this might be an easy question, but I couldn't solve it based on my searches.

I am doing a simulation with xilinx blockset in matlab. I want to find dc gain of a signal of  10-500 kHz frequency. I want to use a low pass filter of 1 kHz cutoff to do so. The coefficients derived from the simulation are later going to be used in Zynq board. The point is although the filters in FDA tools, both FIR and IIR, seem to have satisfying frequency response, they don not have expected outputs. What I am ignoring or doing wrong in here?

I do not matter whether to use a FIR or IIR, I just want to find the dc gain of a signal. 

The simulation and the m-file for running it are attached.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

An easy way is to load the coefs into the FIR Compiler IP in Vivado IP Catalog. The Freq response tab on FIR Compiler GUI will provide the gain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm afraid I don't have Vivado. I just have Xilinx ISE 14.7. However, for this part of the project, I need to simulate it in MATLAB and get satisfying results through Simulink. 

By the way, I realized a mistake in my simulation. I should have checked "Best precision fraction length" in FIR Compiler implementation tab. 

Though, the problem still exists and needs investigation. 

0 Kudos