cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

how do I get audio in/out

Hey,

I am trying to work with the virtex2pro xupv2p with system generator in Simulink and I can't seem to even create a simple program that sends and receives audio.  Is there any way someone could send me a sample simulink file that I could program to my board?  I'm brand new to this and having an extremely difficult time.

brandon

dacopenhagen (a_t) gmail (doot) com

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

You may take a look at the two example designs in the XUPV2P Documentation page: http://www.xilinx.com/univ/xupv2p.html

• Audio Design with a MicroBlaze Board Support Package
    This QuickStart demonstrates the ability to generate standalone audio designs from System Generator for DSP targeting the XUPV2P development system. The key to this is a MicroBlaze system that contains the interface logic to the Audio CODEC. http://www.xilinx.com/univ/XUPV2P/Quickstarts/sysgen_audio/mb/audio.zip

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Are you planning on using Hardware Co-Simulation. If yes the you can always record the speech data, read it in MATLAB Simulink using " From Wavefile" block. And write the processed data to "To wavefile" block. Both of these blocks are in Simulink Signal Processing toolbox. This way you can avoid AC94 codec interface.

From Wavefile------>Gateway In------>Processing Engine(your design)------->Gateway Out---------->To Wavefile

Ex: mysound.wav is 8000Hz. You should set Gateway In and System Generator sample period to 1/8000. 

Regards

Vivek 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello,

Thanx for the information. I want to design the same configuration as you mantioned. 

But i cant get the output. I am using Matlab2012b & ISE14.4. There is no 'from wavefile' so that i am using from multimedia file & to multimedia file.

ex:  mysound.wav is 22050Hz.  Gateway In and System Generator sample period to 1/22050. 

Can you help me. thanx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi,,

i solved this problem.

thanx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please post how you solved this problem as this may prove useful to others?

Thank you

0 Kudos