cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oderousmonk
Visitor
Visitor

no outputs when using M-HWCosim (m-code based sysgen JTAG hw-cosim)

Hello,

I have a question about using System Generator M-HWCosim, the JTAG 'burst' mode HW Co-simulation.

The board I am using is the KCU116 dev board, and I am using Vivado/Sysgen 2017.4.

When I try to use M-HWCosim, my designs appears to generate and run on the board without problems. I see the message:

"Hardware Co-Simulation successful. Data matches the Simulink simulation and completed in 0.081971 seconds."

However, when I try to inspect, or write out the results from the generated test script, I see that they are empty 1x1 arrays of '0'.

I see this same behavior no matter what design I try to use, with any combination of inputs/outpus and bit-widths.

Has anyone successfully used this HW-Cosim flow and verified that there is valid data coming out of the board? Is there any reason that the result data would not be visible from within the m-code test bench?

What is the correct way to get the result data from the design after HWCosim has run?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

you meant simulation working correctly but hardware co-simulation results are not correct . You can use scope or display block to see the output . Can you please share test case and snap shot of issue .
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
oderousmonk
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Because this is the M-HWCosim, or 'burst mode' HW-Cosim, scopes and other Simulink blocks can not directly be used to check the results. This version of HW-Cosim generates a m-code script, not a Simulink block. The results from the m-code appear in Matlab's workspace as empty arrays. I have tried writing the output results to output files, but they are also empty. I see the same issue no matter what design I try to use. I have tried using both the KCU116 board, and also Zedboards. The results are the same for both boards.

I have attached and example design for the KCU116 board, but I suspect that you would see the same problem with any board.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@oderousmonk

this seems bug CRs reported on this issue  

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos