UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer xiaochh
Observer

problem with system generator 11.3 ---please help me

Jump to solution

hello,

I installed ISE 11 (System Edition) yesterday ,and then updated to 11.3.  But  when I use SystemGenerator 11.3 with matlab 2009a,  run a simple example design about  "Demonstration on Using the Clock Generator (DCM) Option " (this design is an example ,or we can say ,it is correct ),   It occured a problem about:  

standard exception: XNetlistEngine: An exception was raised: com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistInternal: ERROR:coreutil - Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap Could not create the Java virtual machine.. More information can be found in C:/Temp/sysgentmp-Administrator/coregen_work/cd7b1b49456204d489977bfaad512703a/coregen_tmp/coregen.log at E:\dcm_case1\hdl_netlist\sysgen\masterScript37238.pl line 702 Reported by: Unspecified

At first ,I suppose this problem is occured by the VM memory ,so  i set the virtual memory to 1024M,and set the coregenerator's preference ----memory avalible for java to 512M. but this error occured as  the same . Neither did  i set the virtual memory to 1024M,and set the coregenerator's preference ----memory avalible for java to 1024M.

Then  ,I creat a new design ,and just add a xilinx blockset "system generation",double-click the mouse on block "system generator" ,used its default setting, click "generate", but occuerd problem as all ,the details is shown as follows:

Begin generation
Checking model status
Checking simulation times
Performing compilation and generation

*** ERROR ***

Errors occurred during netlist generation.
Error using ==> xlProcBlockElaborateBMM at 19
synopsis file 'E:\netlist\synopsis' not found

my matlab is installed in C:\matlab,so there is no space in installation-direction . My ISE is installed in C disk ,and my design is saved in E disk.

I doubt maybe this two problems can be solved together.?  ??

please help me ,

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor vinhlexilinx
Visitor

Re: problem with system generator 11.3 ---please help me

Jump to solution

Thank you. I got it work by setting -Xmx1024m (-Xmx512m did not work => weird)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
it is supported for vmware environment?
0 Kudos
Observer xiaochh
Observer

Jump to solution

It has been resolved.by set environment  variables _JAVA_OPTIONS = "-Xmx512m" .

But I don't understand why i can''t set it  _JAVA_OPTIONS = "-Xmx1024m",for my personal computer has 3.37 G physics memory ,and set the virtual memory as 2000M.

0 Kudos
Visitor vinhlexilinx
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am facing the same problem.  However, I do not understand how set the enviroment variables.  I am using windows 7 x64.

System Properties ==> Environment Variables ==> Add New Veriable named _JAVA_OPTIONS with value -Xmx512m but it does not work (I do not think it is what you meant by set enviroment vairables).

Please help me, I burn my old board. I ordered new Spartan 6 board and now I am stucked

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Check AR11630 below for instructions on how to set up environment variables:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/11630.htm

@vinhlexilinx wrote:

I am facing the same problem.  However, I do not understand how set the enviroment variables.  I am using windows 7 x64.

System Properties ==> Environment Variables ==> Add New Veriable named _JAVA_OPTIONS with value -Xmx512m but it does not work (I do not think it is what you meant by set enviroment vairables).

Please help me, I burn my old board. I ordered new Spartan 6 board and now I am stucked

Cheers,
Jim
Visitor vinhlexilinx
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you. I got it work by setting -Xmx1024m (-Xmx512m did not work => weird)

0 Kudos