UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hazel
Visitor

"Peak Cancellation Crest Factor Reduction" documentation.

Hello.

We have purchased this PC_CFR IP block from Xilinx, but I have been unsuccessful in finding a human at Xilinx that is able/willing to give me the technical documentation for it. Can anyone help ? The only thing I can find in DocNav is a very short overview document.

Kind regards, Hazel

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: "Peak Cancellation Crest Factor Reduction" documentation.

Documents are available in below link, 

https://www.xilinx.com/member/pc_cfr_eval.html

You need to register for it and access will be give in 2 days. Please let us know, if you do not get the access. 

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...
0 Kudos
Visitor hazel
Visitor

Hi Meherp,

Okay, I did this, but I am confused why it is 'evaluation' since we have purchased a license for this IP already. But if it has the documents, then that will be great.

Kind regards, Hazel

0 Kudos
Visitor hazel
Visitor

Hi.

Well, I have managed to integrate the pc_cfr rtl into our project now, and I can read its internal registers over the AXI bus. I am struggling with the AXI stream bus and confirming the pulse vector is behaving correctly. I have the MatLab model for this, which is supposed to help a bit, but the documentation is very sparse, and the code itself is all encrypted .p files. Is it possible to get the .m sources? I am spending huge amounts of time trying to figure out how to drive the model, what data goes in, what comes out , what all the global variables do etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Hazel

0 Kudos

We can not provide the .m file. 

Can you please share the part of code which is confusion to you? Or provide the specific issue which you can not find in the code? May be we can help in that way?

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...
0 Kudos
Visitor hazel
Visitor

Hi, Thankyou for your reply.

In the pc_cfr matlab model, it generates a pulse cancellation array using form_cp() which is in the file form_cp.p . However the documentation says to use firceqrip() , the two functions produce sort-of similar looking output, but I need to know how to generate pulse arrays in order to use the IP block properly in the FPGA. Then there is a function rotate_and_scale() which seems to scale up the pulse arrays to normalise them to a max value of 16384, but then it does some other wierd stuff. I need to know what the wierd stuff is, and how to control it. Again, this is needed in order to generate the pulse arrays for the IP block.  There is single sentence in the pc_crf user guide suggesting that after firceqrip() is run then the pulse array is modulated with some carriers. What carriers? how are they specified? What if you don't want any carriers? I'd like to plot PSDs before and after pc_cfr has worked on the data, but since all the higher level code is locked away in .p files I cannot. I understand why you might want to keep the pc_cfr engine itself locked into .p files, but I do not understand why the pulse generation and test helper functions are.

Kind regards, Hazel

0 Kudos