Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

"System Generator evaluation license has expired."

Hello.
I just installed MatlabR2007a and downloaded & installed system generator9.2i  evaluation version(DSP_Tools_9.2.00.967).
But when I finished all the steps, started MatlabR2007a, and clicked on Xilinx blockset, it says"Your System Generator evaluation license has expired."
Does evaluation version have a license? I just downloaded it today. It should be expired in 60 days later. During the installation, there was no message indicating that it requries a license.

Here is the version log:
--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version                                 Path
System Generator 9.2.00.967             C:/Xilinx92i/dsptools/9.2.00.967/sysgen
AccelDSP 9.2.00.967                     C:/Xilinx92i/dsptools/9.2.00.967/AccelDSP
Matlab 7.4.0.287 (R2007a)               C:/MATLAB/R2007a
ISE 9.2.03i                             C:/Xilinx92i
ISE 9.2i IP Update 1                    C:/Xilinx92i

Also, I went to C:\MATLAB\R2007a\toolbox, there is no xilinx folder.
(Installing sysgen9.2 evaluation is quite different with installing systen9.1i. When I installed systen9.1i before, it generated the xilinx folder under C:\MATLAB\R2006a\toolbox. I thought it should be have something like this...)
Do I have some path problems? Really confused..

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

beibei,

Please open a case with Xilinx Technical Support so the appropriate support personnel can look into this.

I did find this AR which explains one possible cause:
http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans_display.jsp?iLanguageID=1&iCountryID=1&getPagePath=17756 (6.2 System Generator for DSP - "Error: Your evaluation license has ended")

Thanks,
bt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you installed an evaluation version of System Generator for 9.1 at any point in the past, that may be why System Generator for DSP v9.2 has already expired.

If this is the case, then I doubt the Xilinx Support will be able to help you either, as I'm pretty sure that there is no way to reverse the license timeout, once it has happend.

I would recommend installing on another computer to see if you have the same problem.

Also if you already have a license for System Generator for 9.1, you should be able to download a full version of System Generator for DSP v9.2.
Chris
Versal ACAP: AI Engines | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you!

At the very beginning, I used the evaluation version of system generator9.1. Later, after it expired, I installed the permanent version of sysgen9.1. Yes, I have a license for that permanent version. So I can download a full version of 9.2? But seems like I didn't find anything regarding this....I will go to see again.

Thank you again!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If your System Generator seat is under active maintenance (purchased in the last year), you should be able to download 9.2i and get a valid registration ID.

There is a link to download/register on the right side of the main SysGen page:
This will redirect you to our XEF (Xilinx Electronic Fulfillment)/Entitlement Center. There have been a few quirks with this system roll-out. If you don't see the valid products listed (e.g. SysGen 9.2), please email Xilinx Development System Customer Support (not Xilinx Technical Support) at the link provided on the XEF page with your product ID and they can verify your eligibility and manually entitle your accout if necessary.

Best of luck,
bt
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

OK..

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos