UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cpanazio
Visitor

"caught standard exception": on sysgen - linux 64 - Ubuntu Jaunty

Jump to solution

Hello,

I successfully installed ISE design suite 11.2 on my Ubuntu Jaunty 64 box. It runs everything (including JTAG through the USB) but compile a project using sysgen and MatlabR2008a. Actually, I am able to run simulations using sysgen, but I cannot compile and generate the bitstream or make a hardware co-simulation. It shows a "caught standard exception" messenge (details below) along with a messange that it  couldn't open first pass text file at... There are no spaces in the paths and I am running the project at the tmp directory. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Cristiano Panazio

--
Cristiano Magalhães Panazio, Dr. - Assistant Professor
Laboratory of Communications and Signals - LCS
Departament of Telecommunications and ControlPTC
Escola Politécnica of the University of São Paulo - Brazil
URL: http://www.lcs.poli.usp.br/~cpanazio

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version                                 Path
System Generator 11.2.1866              /opt/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/lin64/sysgen
AccelDSP 11.2.1866                      /opt/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/lin64/AccelDS
P
Matlab 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)               /usr/local/matlab76
ISE 11.2.i                              /opt/Xilinx/11.1/ISE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: caught standard exception
     Block: Unspecified
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
  Unspecified

Details:
standard exception: XNetlistEngine:
An exception was raised:
com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistInternal: couldn't open first
pass text file at /tmp/lab2/netlist/sysgen/masterScript62973.pl

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor cpanazio
Visitor

Re: "caught standard exception": on sysgen - linux 64 - Ubuntu Jaunty

Jump to solution

I have just discovered that many libraries are missing. I have managed to solve many dependences but I still have problems. Furthermore, even the simulations that I thought to be working are having some problems. Some more advanced blocks can't get simulated. At least, till now, the ISE and iMPACT seems to be working fine.

I would really appreciate if Xilinx could make the System Generator compatible with Ubuntu. Hope that this day would come soon.

Regards,

Cristiano

Message Edited by cpanazio on 08-14-2009 04:55 PM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor cpanazio
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have just discovered that many libraries are missing. I have managed to solve many dependences but I still have problems. Furthermore, even the simulations that I thought to be working are having some problems. Some more advanced blocks can't get simulated. At least, till now, the ISE and iMPACT seems to be working fine.

I would really appreciate if Xilinx could make the System Generator compatible with Ubuntu. Hope that this day would come soon.

Regards,

Cristiano

Message Edited by cpanazio on 08-14-2009 04:55 PM
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The issue you encountered is due to some shell script syntax. One workaround is to symbolic link /bin/sh to /bin/bash instead of /bin/dash in your Ubuntu installation

0 Kudos