cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

sysgen raises standard exception: XNetlistEngine

When trying to generate a netlist from a model containing FIR Compiler v3_1 blocks the following error log is produced:

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------

Version Path

System Generator 10.1.2.1250 C:/Xilinx/10/DSP_Tools/common/bin/../../sysgen

AccelDSP 10.1.2.1250 C:/Xilinx/10/DSP_Tools/common/bin/../../AccelDSP

Matlab 7.6.0.324 (R2008a) C:/Programs/MATLAB/R2008a

ISE 10.1.02i C:/Xilinx/10/ISE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary of Errors:

Error 0001: caught standard exception

Block: Unspecified

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:

Unspecified

Details:

standard exception: XNetlistEngine:

An exception was raised:

com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistInternal: couldn't run

"C:/Xilinx/10/ISE/bin/nt/coregen.exe -b makeproj 1>C:/Documents

and Settings/dh/My

Documents/projects/DBM/Matlab/Models/netlist/sysgen/coregen_xsoS/coregen_tmp/first_pass_coregen.txt

2>&1" at C:\Documents and Settings\dh\My

Documents\projects\DBM\Matlab\Models\netlist\sysgen\masterScript2541.pl

line 753

0 Kudos
6 Replies

I have a similar problem. Anyone already solve it?

Please help!

0 Kudos

This error message tells us there may be some problems with CorCore Generator integrated within ISE as coregen.exe can not run. Can you try to open Core Generator standalone and check if it is able to generate FIR core. If it can not, this indicates CoreGenerator is corrupted. You have to reinstall ISE.

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

I believe this is a System Generator bug.  I am targeting a Virtex2 Pro with speed grade -6. 

Looking at the text in the Coregen project file that is generated, it has the following line,

SET speedgrade = -7. 

This is an invalid speed grade.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and here is the link for the solution : http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=DSPTOOL&thread.id=1327

-- Walid F. Abdelfatah 

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

I have had issues in the past with long file names and spaces, so I reinstalled ISE from the "10.1" folder to one named "10_1", but still have the same problem with Sysgen and FIR Compiler 4.  I have no problem when targeting a Virtex 5 though, and noticed the part is correctly listed in the generated .CGP file.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I have seen similar problem when using Mult with Spartan-3/A device.Can you try generating FIR Compiler with DA option?

If you can generate FIR Compiler from Coregen, you can add it as a black box into Sysgen to work around the problem. You'd better let Xilinx notice this issue.

0 Kudos