cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Are there some IO pins that I can controlled in Linux image

Jump to solution

I have successed to download xilinx-zedboard-dnndk3.1-image-20190812.zip and flash it into my zedboard

Now I want to control the PMOD header in the zedboard,dose the image have drivers to contorl it or I should intall a driver by myself.

Or are there any drivers that had been installed in the image to controlled IOs or expansion headers ? I want  to communicate with another board/PC.except  for host PC .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Are there some IO pins that I can controlled in Linux image

Jump to solution

Hi lijinghaiwhu@gmail.com ,

You need to check the PCB design and check if there are any connections between your target PMOD and Zynq IO pins.

If so you can use Zynq PS GPIO to control the pins you found. MIO for PS pins EMIO for PL pins.

You can find driver and example here:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842398/Linux+GPIO+Driver

Or if you like you can choose axi_gpio for PL pins.

And BTW I would say that the Zedboard is an ANNET board. You may find useful information like PCB schemetics from ANNET website.

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You need to check the PCB design and check if there are any connections between your target PMOD and Zynq IO pins.

If so you can use Zynq PS GPIO to control the pins you found. MIO for PS pins EMIO for PL pins.

You can find driver and example here:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842398/Linux+GPIO+Driver

Or if you like you can choose axi_gpio for PL pins.

And BTW I would say that the Zedboard is an ANNET board. You may find useful information like PCB schemetics from ANNET website.

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! Your answer did help me a lot. I checked the  PCB schemetics , as you said ,it has such connections.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I checked the image in xilinx dpu website, I found gpiochip906 in /sys/class/gpio/ . So what is the available gpio number? And to which pin it connects?

TIM截图20191109170958.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You may need to caculate the value according to your IPI design here.

In the WIKI page I have mentioned before there is an external linked webpage:https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/7/390 you can refer to.

If you can find an output pin like an LED or even using a oscilloscope it would be easier to check the result.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I finally understood it when I saw this Q&A.

Post here if anyone have same question as mine.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/GPIO-mapping-of-Zynq-on-zedboard/td-p/905860

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Yes. This is a quite helpful post. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

What is the use of this document? Guess by name, it should be using DNNDK tools on zedboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
which document do you mean?
0 Kudos