cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can dpu extracs feature map and then use the feature map do other algorithms in PL?

Jump to solution

The entire system has other algorithms besides the processing of the neural network。I want to use dpu to extract features and then use the features do the next algorithm processing in PL.Is this system feasible using dpu, how should I connect all ip in the block design。

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can dpu extracs feature map and then use the feature map do other algorithms in PL?

Jump to solution

Hi @qglyj ,

Generally speaking, if your custom IP has AXI4 master/slave interface then the IP can communicate with the whole Embedded system.

But depends on the performance you required you may need to handle like cachecoherency, DMA(if only AXI4 slave interface is available) and something like this. The easiest way should be just implement an AXI4/AXI4lite slave interface and use CPU to read/write registers to interact with your IP.

Or you may try with SDSoC flow. Then you would not worry about the interact through interface here.

But if you have willing to do that I would suggest you to wait for the release of the next version of our tools. Should be AI part of Vitis.

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can dpu extracs feature map and then use the feature map do other algorithms in PL?

Jump to solution

Hi @qglyj ,

Generally speaking, if your custom IP has AXI4 master/slave interface then the IP can communicate with the whole Embedded system.

But depends on the performance you required you may need to handle like cachecoherency, DMA(if only AXI4 slave interface is available) and something like this. The easiest way should be just implement an AXI4/AXI4lite slave interface and use CPU to read/write registers to interact with your IP.

Or you may try with SDSoC flow. Then you would not worry about the interact through interface here.

But if you have willing to do that I would suggest you to wait for the release of the next version of our tools. Should be AI part of Vitis.

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I found that the feature values extracted by the DPU will end up on the PS side instead of the PL side, so if I want to guarantee the necessary performance, the DPU data must be sent from the PS side to the PL side via the DMA to run my own algorithm ip, which Is the solution feasible? I found that a dpu core will occupy two HP ports, so the core using two dpus will fill all the HP ports, which will cause the DMA to be inoperable. What should I do in this case?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
Hello Qglyj,
Did you manage to retrieve the feature-maps from the DPU ? If yes, can you tell me how you did this ?
0 Kudos