cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lxfy1220
Observer
Observer

How to generate dpu.xclbin in vivado/vitis flow?

Jump to solution

When I try to run a yolo3 application in vivado flow using dpu v3.2 IP core, dpu.xclbin cannot be generated. I read seversal post in this board and notice that vitis flow is the recommended way.

I wonder if I use vivado to add DPU IP core and export .xsa to vitis, whether dpu.xclbin can be generated?

=======================

I am a newbie in FPGA development. Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
meherp

HI @lxfy1220 

The dpu.xclbin is generated as an output file when we create the application in the Vitis flow, as shown below, 

Screenshot_3.jpg

Below is the tutorial which contains the complete process for creating the application.

https://github.com/gewuek/vitis_ai_custom_platform_flow

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
meherp

HI @lxfy1220 

The dpu.xclbin is generated as an output file when we create the application in the Vitis flow, as shown below, 

Screenshot_3.jpg

Below is the tutorial which contains the complete process for creating the application.

https://github.com/gewuek/vitis_ai_custom_platform_flow

/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...

View solution in original post

lxfy1220
Observer
Observer

HI @meherp 

Thank you for your reply. From the tutorial I find the DPU IP core must  be added in vitis. Is it necessary? I use vivado and vitis in windows before. Should I switch to the Linux? 

0 Kudos
meherp

The examples uses the Petalinux environment, therefore we will need the Linux machine. 

Yes we need to add the DPU IP in Vitis project ( the connection between DPU IP and Vivado project is completed in the Vitis)

/ /        
lxfy1220
Observer
Observer

Okay,thank you for your answer. It really helps me a lot. I'll change my develop environment.

0 Kudos