Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yannik-akka
Visitor
Visitor

Problem when using Vitis AI Library on ZCU102

Jump to solution

Hi,

I created an Image for ZCU102 with the DPU TRD Vitis Flow. The prj_config and dpu_conf.vh I used are attached.

Afterwards I installed Vitis AI Library Package to the Image as it is explained in the Vitis AI Library User Guide (UG1254): Download vitis-ai-runtime-1.3.0.tar.gz, unpack it, copy it to the board and run setup.sh on the board.

I am able to run the app, that has been compiled during Vitis Flow, everything is working fine there.

I recompiled the ssd_adas_pruned_0_95 model using the arch.json that has been created during run flow {"fingerprint":"0x1000020F6014407"} and copied the .xmodel to /usr/share/vitis_ai_library/models/ssd_adas_pruned_0_95 on the board.
I used the original .prototxt, from the download of ssd_adas_pruned_0_95 for ZCU102, do I need to change anything there?

Now here's the problem: When I'm trying to run
./test_jpeg_ssd ssd_adas_pruned_0_95 sample_ssd.jpg
in
/usr/share/vitis_ai_library/samples/ssd
the board freezes. No error message, it is just completely frozen (I tried running via SSH or UART or directly on the boards console, it's always the same).

I built my own application to narrow down the problem. Looks like the board freezes when calling
ssd->run(img);

I've also tried running Vitis Flow with prj_config_102_3dpu_LPD, as it is mentioned in https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-AI/blob/master/dsa/DPU-TRD/prj/Vitis/README.md that you should do that, when trying to use Vitis AI Library. The same thing happens with that image, the board freezes.

Did I miss a step when building the Image? Or do I need to install anything else on the board?

Thank you in advance

Yannik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jheaton
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I know there can be board freeze issue when the Vitis-AI 1.3 ZCU102 linux image is used with an xmodel compiled with Vitis-AI 1.3.1 or 1.3.2. 

I wonder if you are having a similar issue?

Which version of Vitis-AI are you using to compile your xmodel? Maybe try with the 1.3 branch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jheaton
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I know there can be board freeze issue when the Vitis-AI 1.3 ZCU102 linux image is used with an xmodel compiled with Vitis-AI 1.3.1 or 1.3.2. 

I wonder if you are having a similar issue?

Which version of Vitis-AI are you using to compile your xmodel? Maybe try with the 1.3 branch.

View solution in original post

yannik-akka
Visitor
Visitor

This might actually be the problem, I compiled it using master branch in git.

Just to clarify, you mean I should checkout the 1.3 branch of the git repo, but I still use vitis-ai-cpu:latest in docker? Or do I need to change the version there as well? If yes, then which version should I switch to? According to https://hub.docker.com/r/xilinx/vitis-ai/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated there are only version 1.3.411 and 1.2.82 available, right?

0 Kudos
jheaton
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I think the easiest thing to do is pull the prebuilt container from https://hub.docker.com/r/xilinx/vitis-ai/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated. Version 1.3.4.11 corresponds to the 1.3 branch.

If you are rebuilding the cpu container, then check out the 1.3 branch of the git repo. I think when you rebuild container it will still be vitis-ai-cpu: latest. To avoid confusion I would rename your existing docker container to 1.3.2.