Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmadzoubi
Visitor
Visitor

Runtime Error running DPUCAHX8L on Alveo u280

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to run the example https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-Tutorials/tree/master/Machine_Learning/Design_Tutorials/03-using_densenetx on the alveo u280 using the Vitis ai 1.3 environment provided by Nimbix. 

The example runs smoothly when i compile to the DPUCAHX8H, However when i try to compile for the dpu optimized for latency DPUCAHXL i always get this error:

File "app_mt.py", Line 75 , in <list_comp>

if cs.has_attr("device") and cs.get_attr("device").upper() == "DPU

RuntimeError: bad any_cast

am not sure what's the problem here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
linhtq08
Observer
Observer

it is likely you already solved this, but I put it here anyway in case someone else need it.

When running app, you need to use the python3 binary in /usr/bin/python3, not the one in conda environment path:

Capture.PNG

When working with Vitis AI, I find it much less frustrated when follow EXACTLY what the guide said...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
shjang
Observer
Observer

I faced same error.

How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
ahmadzoubi
Visitor
Visitor

i honestly don't know, it does compile but the runtime always throw that exception.

Hope someone have an answer for us, as far as i know the vitis ai 1.3 has the support for this DPU  

0 Kudos
linhtq08
Observer
Observer

it is likely you already solved this, but I put it here anyway in case someone else need it.

When running app, you need to use the python3 binary in /usr/bin/python3, not the one in conda environment path:

Capture.PNG

When working with Vitis AI, I find it much less frustrated when follow EXACTLY what the guide said...

View solution in original post