cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vitis-AI for Zynq7000 family devices

Hello:

I would like to know if it is possible to use the Vitis AI library with ZedBoard, which implements a Zynq7000 family chip.

I know the DPU is compatible with this chip, therefore I think it would be possible, but I find a couple of issues.

In the Github repository of Vitis Ai, https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-AI/blob/master/VART/README.md, in the VART examples, "Setting up the target" section, there is a guide on how to set up the target of your DNN models. This guide tells you to install the "Vitis-AI runtime" package in your device. The guide oriented for the ZCU102 board, therefore, is this package compatible with the Zynq7000 chip?

The second question is related with the Compiler tool. When using this tool, it is necessary to indicate what target you are compiling your DNN model to, being the only options ZCU102/104. Would it be possible to modify this tool and use it with a Zynq7000 board?

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jasonwu

Hi xrancano@alumnos.uvigo.es ,

As I know it is not because of the lack of the whole VAI library compiled in 32-bit.

I would check the latest status and let you know if there is any update on that.

As a work-around you can use the DNNDK 3.1 tool chain. Or you can double check the latest support status with your Xilinx FAE.

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello @jasonwu and thank you for answering:

So as I understand from your answer, the problem might be that the vitis-ai-runtime package is compiled for armv8-A architecture, in 64-bit (arm64), while Zynq7000 family devices mount a Cortex-A9 processor which has a armv7-A architecture, in 32-bit (arm32)?

Would it be possible to compile the vitis-ai-runtime package for a armv7-A architecture?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
jasonwu

Hi xrancano@alumnos.uvigo.es ,

Yes, you are right. And also you would need to compile some other dependency libs mentioned here:

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-AI/blob/master/Vitis-AI-Library/README.md

And I have checked with dev contact. Since we haven't released the Zynq-7000 version of VAI lib install packages the source code may not be well tested.

So I would not suggest you to spend too much time on that. Instead you may try with DNNDK3.1 for Zynq-7000 device for now.

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
wangzishou
Participant
Participant

Hi, Is it possible to use vitis AI normally on zynq7000 series now?   if not  ,  Is there any plan?

0 Kudos
tanthimop

Hi, Is it possible to use vitis AI normally on zynq7000 series now and specific for ZedBoard with the new release of  (v1.3)?If yes what Docker image should be used (Setting Up the Host ) and how would be the Set Up step for ZedBoard? Thank you in advance !

0 Kudos