cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZCU102 Vitis AI 1.2 image. No able to see the root folder of the board in the host PC

Jump to solution

I have ZCU102 Xilinx board and would like to run the tests from Vitis AI 1.2. However I have a basic problem with accessing the board root folder from my host PC (ubuntu 18.04 version). I used Putty and Gtkterm etc.

Followed instructions from below link to set up the host PC and also the ZCU102 1.2 Vitis AI image.

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis-AI/tree/master/Vitis-AI-Library#quick-start-for-edge

Board successfully boots to the image from the SD card.

But when I try to access the board root folder using Gtkterm or Putty, I see a blank screen and not able to view the root folder of the board in either Putty or GtkTerm.

I used  ttyUSB0 and BaudRate:115200 to connect.

I didn't see this issue with Vitis-AI 1.0 or Vitis-AI 1.1 version. Presently I am stuck and couldn't resolve this basic issue. 

Could someone please help me how  I can resolve this issue to proceed further?

Thanks in Advance

Susmitha

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hello,

I apologize if this suggestion is too trivial, but it is a needed initial check (and a common confusion): if you are using the serial port, please be sure that the USB cable goes to the ZCU102 connector marked as UART and not the JTAG.  Is ttyUSB0 correct?

This problem should not be related to Vitis release. Can you confirm that trying an old release SD card the serial port works?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Visitor
Visitor

Dear Newbie.

Maybe you use the wrong Vitis AI image. Please try the below link on page 25 you can find the 2020_1 version of the ZCU102 board. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/vitis_ai/1_2/ug1414-vitis-ai.pdf

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

I used xilinx-zcu102-dpu-v2020.1-v1.2.0.img.gz image. After the Xilinx board is booted from the SD card, the image looked like the one in the attached image.

I will also check as per your suggestion on Page 25 in the user guide

Thanks

Susmitha

xilinxboardImage.jpeg
0 Kudos

Just confirmed that the link in the page 25 for ZCU102 is also taking me the same image: 

xilinx-zcu102-dpu-v2020.1-v1.2.0.img.gz

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

After burning  SD card, then on Linux open terminal and type: screen  /dev/tttyusb0 115200

Then, open the switch on the ZCU102 board. If it is successful, you will see the IP and root@xilinx-zcu102-2020_1: appear. Goodluck

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hello,

I apologize if this suggestion is too trivial, but it is a needed initial check (and a common confusion): if you are using the serial port, please be sure that the USB cable goes to the ZCU102 connector marked as UART and not the JTAG.  Is ttyUSB0 correct?

This problem should not be related to Vitis release. Can you confirm that trying an old release SD card the serial port works?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the reply.

It works now. Used ttyUSB0 with baud rate 115200.

All this while the connector was connected to JTAG and not UART.  Changed the connection to UART and it works fine now.

0 Kudos