cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

can I use other quantization method with dnndk?

I want to use other quantization method with dnndk?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes you can! Follow the DNNDK User Guide:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1327-dnndk-user-guide-190201.pdf

CPU version DECENT can perform quantization on CPU-only host machine without GPU installed; however, this requires longer running time.DNNDK provides a unified solution for deep neural network inference applications by providing pruning, quantization, compilation, optimization, and run time support. The Deep Compression Tool, DECENTTM, employs coarse-grained pruning, trained quantization and weight sharing to address these issues while achieving high performance and high energy efficiency with very small accuracy degradation. Here is a sample DECENT Quantization script. https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1327-dnndk-user-guide-190201.pdf#page=36

You can scroll down in the link to see more and the workflow.

This page has the method for DECENT: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1327-dnndk-user-guide-190201.pdf#page=45

Hope that helps!

Ebrahim

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I know how to quantify according to the method in the manual, but I want to use the quantization method outside the manual. Is this ok?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No. For now a quantization result from third party tools is not officially supported by DNNDK.

The interest question is that:

Why would you like to use a third party quantization tools to quantize a pb model?

That may help our developer team to improve their tools. :-)

Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I am very happy to hear from you. I want to try it out with other quantitative methods.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Me too. Please feel free to post or ping me if you find anything interesting through your investigation. :-)

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos