Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for xilinx/vitis-ai-gpu

Hi, guys

I am just met an error output when i try to use "./docker_run.sh xilinx/vitis-ai-gpu:latest" to boot docker environment for Vitis AI in GPU

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 06-55-50.png

but i get an error like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 06-55-21.png

after i try it again by running "./docker_run.sh xilinx/vitis-ai-gpu:latest" under "su root", but the error is the same like above

if there has somebody who share the same experience with me? I can make sure my network is ok

waiting for response online, thanks

0 Kudos
23 Replies
graces

You need to build the GPU docker image before run the docker.

cd ./docker
./docker_build_gpu.sh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, graces

thanks for your response

actually, I have run these commands yet

cd ./docker
./docker_build_gpu.sh

but I can not make sure if the installation is success or not.

i have run both "./docker_build_gpu.sh" and "./docker_build_cpu.sh", I have run both of them under a "su root", after I running "./docker_build_cpu.sh", the very end is just like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-03 16-03-41.png 

because it return a non-zero code:4, so I believe there have some errors. but because there has no red highlights, so I can not find where the errors come from.

and the output I got by running a "./docker_build_gpu.sh" is similar to the output above, for make sure of it, I will run "./docker_build_gpu.sh" again at night and send screenshot to you.

could you please provide some additional suggestion for me? 

thanks a lot:)

0 Kudos
dsp81
Adventurer
Adventurer

You can see the docker images that are installed by running the commands

docker images

OR

docker image ls

YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, dsp81

thanks for your instructions, i am just input what you suggested and get output like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 21-55-35.png

per this output, if i can assume that my "./docker_build_cpu.sh" is success and "./docker_build_gpu.sh" is failure?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
dsp81
Adventurer
Adventurer

I don't think either succeeded.  The two <none> entries are probably the failed builds.  Part of the reason I suspect that is due to the CREATED dates.  The xilinx/vitis-ai-cpu:latest image was created 7 months ago.  If you built it using the docker_build_cpu.sh script then it would show a newer CREATED date.  

Additionally, the xilinx/vitis-ai-cpu:latest image on your machine has an IMAGE ID of 798f6eaea389, which is the same as the prebuilt 1.1.56 vitis-ai image that corresponds to Vitis-AI v1.1.  The image with the a7eb601784e9 tag corresponds to the 1.2.82 prebuilt image.  

0 Kudos
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

Ok, thanks

for fixing problems mentioned above, I think i need run "./docker_build_cpu.sh" and "./docker_build_gpu.sh" again until the two <none> entries disappeared, is that right?

and in addition, my current Vitis AI package's edition is 1.2.1

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 07-02-43.png

0 Kudos
graces

You may also try to remove the seeming incomplete images and rebuild the gpu docker image from scratch.

docker image rm <image ID>

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
zhijiexu

hi, @YilinChen 

There must be some errors when you run docker_build_gpu.sh. I believe you need to check the error information print in the terminal.

You need to provide more information to let me know what's wrong, like you install steps, did you add related repository and key?

You need read https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/

hope it can help you!

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

Okay, i will take a try of it, thanks:)

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @YilinChen 

Since you got error no 4 (Interrupt system call), docker couldn't build image.

In this case, I guess your network was unstable. So, wget couldn't get proper image from Internet.

Would you make sure your network ?

As you know, docker puts a heavy load onto network during build flow with Dockerfile.

So you might retry this flow until success.

Best regards,

YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

hi, zhijiexu

thanks for your response, i think my docker is ok, because i can run "docker run hello-world" without sudo

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 10-58-24.png

and i just try to run "./docker_build_gpu.sh" under a "su root" again, in the very end i get error output like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 10-31-57.png

so how can i deal with it now, appreciating for any help, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @YilinChen 

>and i just try to run "./docker_build_gpu.sh" under a "su root" again, in the very end i get error output like this

It seems proxy issue.

Would you make sure your proxy setting or your network ?

Best regards,

YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

Okay, watari

I also think sometimes there have some unstable effects on my network, so i just try to run "./docker_build_gpu.sh" under a "su root" again, in the very end i get error output like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 10-31-57.png

there still have some problems, appreciating for any support, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
zhijiexu

hi, @YilinChen 

thanks for you reply.

For this issue, like @watari  post before,  you need to check you internet speed. 

if you download in china, you can change the source, or you can try to increase the time-out time

Hope it can help you!

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

yes, watari,

currently i am in china, sometimes i will open my VPN to download some resources, but i just run "./docker_build_gpu.sh" under a "su root" in a VPN disconnected environment.

And in addition, if there is a VPN connected environment, i can open google or youtube quickly, but the running of "./docker_build_gpu.sh" can not access to the network, the screenshot is like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 11-21-17.png

0 Kudos
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

hi, watari

i have another question for you.

because i find that i can run "./docker_run.sh xilinx/vitis-ai-cpu:latest" successfully without sudo like this

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 11-37-30.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 11-37-59.png

if that means my running of "./docker_build_cpu.sh" is successful? if it is successful, why there have two <none> here(just under REPOSITORY and above docker)

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 21-55-35.png

just waiting for your helps, thanks

0 Kudos
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

hi, zhijiexu

followed the question for watari above, i have a confusion for this screenshot

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 11-37-59.png

there are information like this

Docker Image Version: latest
Build Date: Wed Nov 4 20:36:57 MST 2020
VAI_ROOT=/opt/vitis_ai
For TensorFlow Workflows do:
conda activate vitis-ai-tensorflow
For Caffe Workflows do:
conda activate vitis-ai-caffe
For Neptune Workflows do:
conda activate vitis-ai-neptune
More detail on conda packages included in container: /opt/vitis_ai/conda/conda_packages.txt
More detail on other 3rd party package source included in container: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/guest-resources.html

As the bold part indicated, there should have a vitis_ai folder under the folder of opt,

but actually, there has no vitis_ai in opt

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 11-56-51.png

just wait for your response, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @YilinChen 

>because i find that i can run "./docker_run.sh xilinx/vitis-ai-cpu:latest" successfully without sudo like this

If your account have same group id or same privilege, you can launch docker command without root privilege.

Would you make sure it in /etc/passwd and/or /etc/group, if you want to know details ?

>if that means my running of "./docker_build_cpu.sh" is successful? if it is successful, why there have two <none> here(just under REPOSITORY and above docker)

Because of lack of tag by ex. your flow or mistake or wrong tag, you can see <none> on "docker image ls".

Would you try to login with /bin/bash by docker command on <none>'s docker container image, if you want to know detail ?

Best regards,

zhijiexu

hi, @YilinChen 

Thanks for your reply,

For your another problem, you want know where is the /opt/vitis_ai? 

Actually, It is the directory in docker image, you can run docker.sh <>, and print command "cd var/vitis_ai" to find it, 

but totally, I think it is not necessary

Best regard,

Zhijie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

hi, watari

as this part

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 14-01-48.png

i remembered that i use the shells shown below to make sure running "docker run hello-world" without sudo

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 13-40-52.png

that is also come from the instructions of tutorial shown below

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 13-58-54.png

and in the files of /etc/passwd and /etc/group i can find names just like "root" or "shixian".

0 Kudos
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

and as this part

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 14-22-06.png

please provide some more details about "lack of tag by ex", i think i can not fully understand it.

just wait for your response, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
YilinChen
Visitor
Visitor

exactly, that is a truth

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 14-31-06.png

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @YilinChen 

>please provide some more details about "lack of tag by ex", i think i can not fully understand it.

As I already mentioned before, if your flow is wrong or mistake or you attach wrong tag in procedure, you can see <none> on "docker image ls".

# Procedure (a part of example)

1. delete tag information in docker image files before building procudure, if there is already same tag.

2. build docker container with Dockerfile.

3. If building procedure is failed, you can see <none> on "docker image ls".

Hope your helps.

Best regards,