UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant shubhamc
Participant

Xilinx SDK

Hello 

I am trying to perform one example of  Xilinx AXI-DMA IP given in link provided below (anyone who wish to see can go through that link).

In this , they are implementing memcopy functionality , when I am performing this example it shows me an error that is '' undefined reference to 'mmap' '' and also ''  make: *** [dma_example_test.elf] Error 1 '' .Screenshot (10).pnghttps://lauri.xn--vsandi-pxa.com/hdl/zynq/xilinx-dma.html

I am also attaching screenshot of that error. Any references would be helpful.

Thank You

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Xilinx SDK

@shubhamc 

The error itself is explicit enough, you use a function (mmap) the compiler cannot find, so some include file is missing.

Vivado is not the most back-compatible thing in the World... you are following a blog from 2014 and you are probably using vivado 2019. That could be the reason. 

Each Vivado edition comes with its own example projects, there are for DMA as well. I'd suggest you start with Xilinx provided examples. At least you can complain here if they don't work, otherwise you will have to ask for explanations to the blog's author that probably doesn't remember much of what he/she did 5 years ago.

Participant shubhamc
Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.
Can you please suggest me the Xilinx provided examples for AXI-DMA IP.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @shubhamc ,

Please check this AR for example designs with AXI DMA core.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57550.html

You can also try the SDK standalone application like xaxidma_example_simple_poll.c

These example apllications can be found at \Xilinx\SDK\2018.3\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\axidma_v9_8\examples location.

Thanks & Regards
Anil B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos