UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ty.wadd
Visitor

AXI Smartconnect Simulation Bug with HAS_ARESETN=0

I am using Vivado 2017.3 and Riviera-PRO version 2017.10.67.6735 built for Linux64

I am running into an issue when ARESETN is disabled on AXI Smartconnect v1.0 (i.e. HAS_ARESETN=0). The issue is as follows:

1) Assert WVALID and AWVALID at the Slave side of the Smartconnect; WREADY and AWREADY are asserted as well.

2) A number of clock cycles later, WVALID and AWVALID are asserted on the Master side; WREADY and AWREADY are asserted as well.

3) After WVALID and AWVALID fall, BVALID is asserted on the Master side of the smartconnect.

However, BVALID is never asserted on the Slave side.

If the ARESETN port is enabled and connected, I do not run into this issue.

With ARESETN enabled and connected...

with_resetn.png

With ARESETN disabled...

no_resetn.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI Smartconnect Simulation Bug with HAS_ARESETN=0

Hi @ty.wadd,

I tried running a simple simulation with SmartConnect configured with HAS_RESETN=0. I could not reproduce this problem with Vivado Simulator or Questa. The SmartConnect in my simulation had one slave interface and one master interface.

Are you able to run this test bench in Vivado Simulator? Do you see the same results?

Regards,

Deanna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor ty.wadd
Visitor

Re: AXI Smartconnect Simulation Bug with HAS_ARESETN=0

Thanks for looking into this, Deanna.

I tried the setup you suggested and found the same results as you; the BVALID signal was received on the slave side of the smartconnect. At this point I'm still simulating with Riviera.

I was able to recreate the issue using 1-Slave:2-Masters. In this setup, I have 3 clocks, such that each interface receives its own clock, each operating at a different frequency...

smartconnect.png
S00:aclk
M00:aclk1
M01:aclk2

Can you verify that you get the same results under this setup?

0 Kudos