UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

AXI stream clock converter tlast issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

AXI stream clock converter tlast issue

Hi all,

I'm using a AXI4-Stream Clock converter in my design. VIvado is 2017.2.

The IP is customized in this way:

img_1.jpg

The simulation result is in following image:

img_2.jpg

It seems that "m_axis_tlast" remain stucked to high while "s_axis_tlast" go low after one "s_axis_aclk" clock cycle.

Clock frequencies are: s_axis_aclk = 100MHz,    m_axis_aclk = 125MHz.

Can someone help me in this issue?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Voyager

Re: AXI stream clock converter tlast issue

tlast and tdata is also held.

My working understanding is that TLAST and TDATA are only significant when TVALID and TREADY are sampled high.  Does it go low the next time TVALID and TREADY are high?

Does the design otherwise work, and this is just an observation of an unanticipated behavior?

***Many of us who help you are just FPGA enthusiasts, and not Xilinx employees. If you receive help, and give kudos (star), you're likely to continue receiving help in the future. If you get a solution, please mark it as a solution.***

View solution in original post

All Replies
Voyager

tlast and tdata is also held.

My working understanding is that TLAST and TDATA are only significant when TVALID and TREADY are sampled high.  Does it go low the next time TVALID and TREADY are high?

Does the design otherwise work, and this is just an observation of an unanticipated behavior?

***Many of us who help you are just FPGA enthusiasts, and not Xilinx employees. If you receive help, and give kudos (star), you're likely to continue receiving help in the future. If you get a solution, please mark it as a solution.***
Visitor

Hi Morgan,

you are right and your understanding it's also mine, but TLAST remain high also next time TVALID and TREADY are HIGH after to have been LOW.

At the moment the design is only simulated and it has not  yet tried in hardware.

Visitor

Hi Morgan, you was right, it was a mistake in my testbench.

Next time TVALID and TREADY has sampled HIGH, TLAST and TDATA are updated.

Thanks