UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

XAxiDma_CfgInitialize crash

I'm working with an AXI DMA IP tied to a Zynq. Curiously if I include the XAxiDma_CfgInitialize() call I can't debug it or run it, it doesn't even print a message at the start of the main. When commented out, everything is fine, Why?

cfg_ptr = XAxiDma_LookupConfig(XPAR_AXI_DMA_0_DEVICE_ID);
    xil_printf("DMA config read \r\n");

// initialize
    //status = XAxiDma_CfgInitialize(&AxiDma, cfg_ptr);
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: XAxiDma_CfgInitialize crash

Did you change the block diagram and then forget to export the hardware back to the SDK? I did that last week and then had initialization problems.

---

Joe Samson

Tags (4)
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I would step through the XAxiDma_Cfg_initialize function with the debugger to see exactly where it hangs and then verify addressing matches Vivado hardware setup (which will point to Joe's suggestion if there is an issue).

If the address is okay, it's probably a hardware issue. Start with clocks, resets, and clock enables. If they check out, follow the AXI Lite transactions to see where it's getting stuck.
www.xilinx.com
Observer joancab
Observer

No, is not that, I also use to doubt about it and redo it. I just tried now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer joancab
Observer

I would as well, of course, but I can't!! When that call is uncommented the debugger won't even start!

Curiously, with the very same bitstream, just commenting out that line and I can run and debug normally.

0 Kudos