UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zynq VIP or AXI VIP

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am starting a new design with Zynq 7000 family. I am using the latest version of the tool - Vivado 2018.2.  I noticed that for the latest version, Zynq VIP (replaced Zynq BFM) and AXI master VIP is available for free to help desingers with functional verification. 

Zynq VIP provides some useful API that can be used for directly my design. The AXI VIP seems generic, also has SystemVerilog style tasks which can be used in the design as well(seems to be more recent). Both have protocol checks and assertion to check for invalid operations. 

So I am wondering if there is any recommendation from Xilinx on which one to use specific to Zynq family ? 

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq VIP or AXI VIP

Jump to solution

HI @paulleons,

Please use the Zynq VIP in case of Zynq designs. Zynq VIP more advantages than AXI VIP in case of Zynq design and Zynq VIP is directly a part of Zynq IP.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding my post earlier.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

HI @paulleons,

Please use the Zynq VIP in case of Zynq designs. Zynq VIP more advantages than AXI VIP in case of Zynq design and Zynq VIP is directly a part of Zynq IP.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos