UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

axi stream switch for selecting one slave always

Hi,

I have four AXI-Stream master port in my design. I want to "merge" them into one AXI-Stream using an AXI-Stream Switch IP.

The data comes only on one of four master port simultaneously. But I cannot set up the arbitration of the switch to select one input always. The switch waits after each transmission. I can only set to wait after only 1024 transmission, but I cannot set wait/arbitrate only at tlast.

image.png

How to set up AXI-stream switch to arbitrate only at TLAST?

true_round_robin22.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: axi stream switch for selecting one slave always

Hi @betontalpfa ,

The internal arbiter can perform fixed priority arbitration or round robin arbitration. The
Arbiter/Switch can arbitrate on a per transfer basis or at packet boundaries (signaled by
TLAST or after a configurable number of active or idle transfers.).

slave _tdata = master_tdata * number of slaves and 
master_tdata = slave_tdata * number of masters

tdata[15:0] -> slave0, tdata[31:16] -> slave1, ... and so on.

I would suggest you to check HDL for better understanding.

Please also refer below frorum post.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/s-axis-tdata-width-of-AXI4-Stream-switch/td-p/656827

Thanks & Regards

Anil B

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

As I interpret the behaviour, the arbitration takes one clock cycle, regardless of whether we select the same or an other slave port. Am I right?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

UPDATE:

The arbitration can takes 0 time! If we give valid data on different slave ports, the switch can arbitrate with zero delay.

image.png

I only sets valid signal on all slave ports in this simulation. All other was unchanged.

0 Kudos