Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimd6776
Observer
Observer

Alveo U50 production vs ES3 differences

Jump to solution

Hi,

We would like to equip our lab with an Alveo U50. I've seen that there are two versions A-U50DD-P00G-ES3-G which seems to be an engineering sample and A-U50-P00G-PQ-G which is production. Are there any differences in the cards? (maybe concering hbm throughput, voltage, tools/vitis/vitis ai support, temperature differences or any other)

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jimd6776 ,

The recommendation is to only use the production U50 PQ card, this version is fully supported by the tools. The U50DD/ES3 is the engineering sample version as you have noted.

Please note that there is also a U50LV variant which is meant to be run with specific applications and has no Vitis flow/development platform support.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution! *

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jimd6776 ,

The recommendation is to only use the production U50 PQ card, this version is fully supported by the tools. The U50DD/ES3 is the engineering sample version as you have noted.

Please note that there is also a U50LV variant which is meant to be run with specific applications and has no Vitis flow/development platform support.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

jimd6776
Observer
Observer

So I guess i will focus on the A-U50-P00G-PQ-G device. However, which tool is not fully supported by the U50DD/ES3? Is at least the Vitis flow/development platform supported for it?

0 Kudos
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jimd6776 ,

I should take a step back, can you provide background on the interest in the U50DD/ES3 pre-production card?

From a support perspective, there aren't board files/XDC files for the U50DD card as part of the Alveo Vivado Lounge for use in a Vivado/custom flow. I don't believe that the ethernet ports on the U50DD card would be supported in a Vitis flow, as they have a different configuration than the production U50 cards. The card may work with the tools, but I would need to check internally on tool support, as my guess is that the tools are tested using the production card.

Regards,
~John

jimd6776
Observer
Observer

It's ok, that answer is helpful for me. I asked in case we managed to work with a U50DD from another lab. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos