Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbleclere
Visitor
Visitor

IDCODE and IR length for U50 board

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I'm trying to go through the "xapp1283-internalprogramming-bbram-efuses" app note except that I'm transposing it to Alveo U50 board. 

Like suggested in the doc, I'm referring to the ug570 to get the IDCODE and IR length but the xcu50 device is not listed.

I ran the xbutil dump to get the IDCODE ("idcode": "0x14b77093") but I've not idea how to get the IR length.

Could you please advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jbleclere,

If you have the device connected to Vivado you can run the TCL command:

get_slrs -filter IS_MASTER

For the xcu50 this is SLR0.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution! *

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jbleclere,

If you have an Alveo Programming Cable and can connect to the device with Vivado, selecting the device will show the Hardware Device Properties and it will list both the IDCODE and IR_LENGTH.

Attached is a screenshot from another poster that highlights the Hardware Device Properties for the U200:

IDCODE_IRLENGTH.jpg

If you don't have an Alveo Debugging Cable, the U50 IR Length should be 12.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jbleclere
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your answer.

Going through the rest of the App Note, I now need to know the number of SLR on the xcu50, which is 2 (easily found in the board datasheet) but I can't find which of the 2 SLR is the master: SLR0 or SLR1?

Regards

0 Kudos
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jbleclere,

If you have the device connected to Vivado you can run the TCL command:

get_slrs -filter IS_MASTER

For the xcu50 this is SLR0.

Regards,
~John

View solution in original post

jbleclere
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you John, your help is very much appreciated.

I've moved a little bit further and now I'm trying to build the internal_prog_bsp from Vitis (chapter "Building the SDK/Vitis Applications" in the XAPP1283 v1.2 app note) butI get this compilation error:

Running Make libs in microblaze_0/libsrc/xilskey_v6_9/src

make -C microblaze_0/libsrc/xilskey_v6_9/src -s libs "SHELL=/bin/sh" "COMPILER=mb-gcc" "ASSEMBLER=mb-as" "ARCHIVER=mb-ar" "COM
PILER_FLAGS= -O2 -c -mcpu=v11.0 -mlittle-endian -mno-xl-reorder -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mxl-soft-mul" "EXTRA_C
OMPILER_FLAGS=-g -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wextra"

Compiling Xilskey Library

In file included from xilskey_epl.c:55:
../../../include/xilskey_utils.h:83:10: fatal error: xsysmon.h: No such file or directory
83 | #include "xsysmon.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [xilskey_epl.o] Error 1
make: *** [microblaze_0/libsrc/xilskey_v6_9/src/make.libs] Error 2
Failed to build the bsp sources for domain - standalone_domain
Failed to generate the platform.
Reason: Failed to build the bsp sources for domain - standalone_domain
invoked from within
"::tcf::eval -progress {apply {{msg} {puts $msg}}} {tcf_send_command tcfchan#0 xsdb eval s es {{platform active internal_prog_bsp; platform generate }}}"
(procedure "::tcf::send_command" line 4)
invoked from within
"tcf send_command $::xsdb::curchan xsdb eval s es [list "platform active $PLATFORM_NAME; platform generate $target"]"
invoked from within
"if { $iswindows == 1 } {

set XSDB_PORT [lindex $argv 0]
set PLATFORM_NAME [lindex $argv 1]
set arglen [llength $argv]
set lastind..."
(file "/tools/xilinx/vitis_2020.1/Vitis/2020.1/scripts/vitis/util/buildplatform.tcl" line 11)

0 Kudos
JohnFedakIV

Hi @jbleclere,

As this question/issue is different in nature (compilation vs hw spec), it is best to start a new thread.

Here is my thought on it - from looking at the fatal error, the issue looks to be that the compiler is not able to find the header file xsysmon.h. There may be a larger includes/linking issue at hand, but looking through our git repository of drivers, I am able to find the xsysmon.h file that may help get past the immediate issue:

https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/sysmon/src

Regards,
~John