cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Trouble programming Alveo U200 Flash with MCS File

Jump to solution

I am having trouble programming an image to the flash part on the Alveo U200 card.  I have followed all of the steps leading up to AR# 71763 and I'm getting stuck at the part where I associate the configuration memory device with the xcu200 part.  I'm attempting to load the part with Vivado 2018.2.

When I open up the GUI to filter out the list of Configuration Memory Parts, I get an empy list, no matter what search parameters I enter (nice).

So instead I went to the command line, to add the "mt25qu01g-spi-x1_x2_x4" Config mem part to my device, and I get the following error:

create_hw_cfgmem -hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0] -mem_dev  [lindex [get_cfgmem_parts mt25qu01g-spi-x1_x2_x4] 0]
ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-655] Cfgmem part mt25qu01g-spi-x1_x2_x4 is not supported for device xcu200.

So I dug deeper to see if that part is actually in the list, and sure enough it is, with a mere 121 other parts as well, all with the same exact name:

llength [get_cfgmem_parts mt25qu01g-spi-x1_x2_x4]

Any guidance?  Something seems clearly amiss, but I'm not sure what

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Trouble programming Alveo U200 Flash with MCS File

Jump to solution

After further investigation on my part, I tried using Vivado 2019.1 and that resolved the issues I was having with finding and associating the program configuration memory.  It appears that full support for the Alveo cards was only rolled out in 2019.1 and later versions of Vivado.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Trouble programming Alveo U200 Flash with MCS File

Jump to solution

After further investigation on my part, I tried using Vivado 2019.1 and that resolved the issues I was having with finding and associating the program configuration memory.  It appears that full support for the Alveo cards was only rolled out in 2019.1 and later versions of Vivado.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos