Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abelletti
Visitor
Visitor

VCU1525 not detected by lspci

Hi All,

I've got a VCU1525 board with the flash in an unknown state from previous use. I'm pretty sure the hardware is good, but cannot get to a state where it is recognized by lspci. I know that there are two separate flash chips onboard. Apparently one of these should hold a "golden image" of some sort.

My board powers up without programming the FPGA, presumably due to a bad firmware image. I'm able to program via Vivado using the USB port, and can program the flash as well so everything seems to work.

Is there a particular mcs that I should be using to start from scratch and get the board back to a known state?

Thanks,

Allen

0 Kudos
1 Reply
anatoli

Hello @abelletti ,

If you plug in a VCU1525 board, does the BIOS reports an error during boot up:

[ 2.998289] pci 0000:b3:00.0: BAR 0: no space for [mem size 0x02000000]
[ 2.998291] pci 0000:b3:00.0: BAR 0: failed to assign [mem size 0x02000000]

See AR 71917 for further details. 

I just need to see if you see the same behaviour as above and if so, there an updated shell is available in Early Access to resolve this issue, using 64-bit BAR address requests.  

Also, there is the documentation for the kcu1500 (even though in your case it is VCU1525):

ug1260-kcu1500-data-center.pdf 

In the documentation above, there is a section "Step 4: Program the Base Platform " which has directions on where the .mcs file is and how to use it for both kcu1500 and and VCU1525. 

image.png
Can you look at those and let me know if you are still stuck? 

More info on the above can be found in this similar forum post: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Alveo-Accelerator-Cards/Problem-reverting-to-golden-in-vcu1525/m-p/1021036

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos