Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

XDMA Tandem PCIe Example App on u200

Jump to solution

I'm attempting to get a very basic XDMA image build for the Alveo u200 card, with tandem PCIe functionality enabled.  I'm using Vivado 2019.1, because when we tried the same thing with 2019.2 on the vcu118 dev card, tandem pcie was broken, and I was told that the bug was introduced in 2019.2, so I'm using 2019.1 as a workaround.

I built my XDMA IP from scratch, and used the u200 card as the target, then generated the example design, and was able to generate the "design_field_updates.tcl" script for doing the actual build.  I then executed the design_field_updates.tcl script and it gets stuck on a location issue:

ERROR: [DRC HDPR-6] Logic illegally placed: Cell 'sys_reset_n_ibuf/IBUFCTRL_INST' is placed at site 'IOB_X1Y307' which belongs to reconfigurable Pblock 'update_region'.  This cell is not part of the reconfigurable logic assigned to this Pblock, and should not be placed at this site.
ERROR: [DRC HDPR-6] Logic illegally placed: Cell 'sys_reset_n_ibuf/INBUF_INST' is placed at site 'IOB_X1Y307' which belongs to reconfigurable Pblock 'update_region'.  This cell is not part of the reconfigurable logic assigned to this Pblock, and should not be placed at this site.

Seems like the example design should "just work", am I doing something wrong?  If I'm not doing something wrong, what do I need to modify to get past this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer
Observer

Re: XDMA Tandem PCIe Example App on u200

Jump to solution

Based on guidance from @mcertosi , I'm going to post this in the PCIe forum instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer
Observer

Re: XDMA Tandem PCIe Example App on u200

Jump to solution

Based on guidance from @mcertosi , I'm going to post this in the PCIe forum instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos