Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvikramaxlnx
Contributor
Contributor

XRT support for PS-PCIe endpoint

Hi All,

I am trying to get this info from published docs. Unable to locate it.

Does XRT support PS-PCIe end-point mode ? If yes, can someone give details, example base platforms etc ?

In Service,
Kamalesh Vikramasimhan
www.yantravision.com
0 Kudos
4 Replies
kvikramaxlnx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Xilinx Team,

There is no reply yet on this. 

The support we are expecting for PS-PCIe endpoint mode in XRT is to be able to use the x86 host to communicate to end-point using XRT API's. 

In Service,
Kamalesh Vikramasimhan
www.yantravision.com
0 Kudos
JohnFedakIV

Hi @kvikramaxlnx,

Unfortunately, this is not a supported model. The team has let me know that this is due to the PS PCIe not providing high bandwidth.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution! *
0 Kudos
kvikramaxlnx
Contributor
Contributor

@JohnFedakIV  The PS-PCIe is available in cost optimised products. We certainly feel Xilinx should support XRT in this IP. Is it possible to raise an internal ticket. I can articulate the need and rational. Willing to work with your internal teams to get this addressed. 

In Service,
Kamalesh Vikramasimhan
www.yantravision.com
0 Kudos
JohnFedakIV

Hi @kvikramaxlnx,

If you can go into details on the need and rational here on the forums, I can let the team know of the request. It will also provide a chance for other forum users to use the thumbs up/kudos if they are also interested in this. Please provide information on the hardware setup as well (if this is using Alveo and what design flow or if this is using XRT Embedded with the Zynq devices).

If the request includes details that are confidential in nature, I would recommend going through your distribution channels.

Regards,
~John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution! *
0 Kudos