Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdpuma
Contributor
Contributor

system debbuger no targets found

Hi,

Im trying to execute hello world software program using xlinx vitis embedded tool on alveo u250 board.

Im getting no targets found issue

Error while launching program:
no targets found with "name =~ "*microblaze*#0" && bscan=="USER2" ". available targets:
1* xcu250
2 04900400
3 Legacy Debug Hub
4 JTAG2AXI
5 MicroBlaze Debug Module at USER1.1.2.1.2
6 MicroBlaze #0 (Running)
7 MicroBlaze #1 (Running)
no targets found with "name =~ "*microblaze*#0" && bscan=="USER2" ". available targets:
1* xcu250
2 04900400
3 Legacy Debug Hub
4 JTAG2AXI
6 MicroBlaze #0 (Running)
7 MicroBlaze #1 (Running)

2.  my com port is not visible in vitis serial terminal

SDK1.png
SDK3.png
SDK2.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mdpuma 

I'm not really familiar with the Alveo card for embedded flows so could you clarify if the design in the board is a custom design with two microblazes that you created on Vivado? or is some kind of given design?

From the Vitis error it seems that the XSDB (Debugger) script created by the tool has a case sensing issue, the error message points out that it has been trying to select the target with lowercase microblaze while the JTAG chain shows processors with upercase letters... Can you share the Vitis log output? If not wrong the auto generated XSDB script should be printed there...

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
mdpuma
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @ibaie 

1. yeah, it is a custom design , my SOC design has a microblaze, MDM, uart, AXI IC, custom IP...Im using only one microblaze and I dont know why it is showing two microblaze in the error message...

2.  vitis log script : 

10:31:38 INFO : ----------------XSDB Script----------------

connect -url tcp:127.0.0.1:3121
targets -set -filter {jtag_cable_name =~ "Xilinx A-U250-A64G FT4232H 2132049AR009A" && level==0} -index 0
fpga -file /home/User/PRASHANTH/BASIC_SDK/helloworld/Hardware/binary_container_1.build/link/int/partial.bit

configparams mdm-detect-bscan-mask 0

targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~ "*microblaze*#0" && bscan=="USER2.1" }

----------------End of Script----------------

10:31:38 ERROR : no targets found with "name =~ "*microblaze*#0" && bscan=="USER2.1" ". available targets:
1* xcu250
2 04900400
3 Legacy Debug Hub
4 JTAG2AXI
6 MicroBlaze #0 (External debug request)
7 MicroBlaze #1 (External debug request)

Regards,

prashanth

0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mdpuma 

I'm not really familiar with Alveo cards but based on the log I would say that there might be something wrong with the bitstream programming. As you already might be aware the Alveo cards have shell design running on board power-on and it seems that those microblaze cores might be part of that shell design, as both are placed under the USER1.1 MDM rather than USER2.1 as it is supposed to be your core.

Anyway I will move the post to the Alveo board as users of that board might be more aware of this use case.

Regards

Ibai
0 Kudos
mcertosi
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mdpuma @ibaie 

Please close this thread as we are having the same discussion here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Alveo-Accelerator-Cards/no-targets-found-issue-during-vitis-embedded-flow/td-p/1085724 

Regards,

M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos