UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

programming si570 on alveo board

Is there an easy way to progam the clocks of the si570 that drives the QSFPs?

I tried the xbutil clock  but it seems doing nothing even if it return success.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: programming si570 on alveo board

Hi @wmansour,

The XRT environment (xbutil) is specifically to support the Shell platforms, which do not permit changes to the si570 clock, and at this time, do not include the QSFP.

There is a "Custom" Flow available, which is documented in UG1289 - Alveo U200 and U250 Data Center Accelerator Card User Guide, in conjunction with the Vivado board file for the Alveo devices with QSFP enablement.   More information on where to get the Vivado board file with QSFP enabled, along with several other Custom flow resource can be found at: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71754.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
Contributor

Re: programming si570 on alveo board

Hi @bethe 

Thank you for the reply.

It is mentioned in UG1289 that each QSFP have its own clock generator SI5335A-B06201-GM, however they didn't mention how to program them.

I suppose we should be able to access them via the I2C (address not known).I also suppose that the I2C is accessible via the USB port.

So what procedure can we follow to perform this action?? is there any software that allows us programming the clock generators?

0 Kudos