UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u200 validate failed

Jump to solution
hi I have properly installed u200 card in my server,but "xbutil validate " shows:"pcie link status failed" according to ug1301,I have closed quick boot,but still got same do you have any clue on that? thanks
IMG_20190124_174709_BURST001_COVER.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: u200 validate failed

Jump to solution

Hi @baronwang13146688

Can you look at the PCIe slot and tell me what it's capability is? I'd like to verify you've put the card in a gen3x16 slot. 

If you can't verify the slot's capability by reading it, verify that ther eare gold pins in the pcie slot from end to end. If you cannot, then the slot is not electrically x16. 

Regards,

Matt 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @baronwang13146688

Can you look at the PCIe slot and tell me what it's capability is? I'd like to verify you've put the card in a gen3x16 slot. 

If you can't verify the slot's capability by reading it, verify that ther eare gold pins in the pcie slot from end to end. If you cannot, then the slot is not electrically x16. 

Regards,

Matt 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
hi that really helps , thank you
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It looks like the card is picking up a Gen3x8 slot, not a Gen3x16 slot.  As mentioned above, please check what slot you have inserted the card into.  If it is, in fact, a Gen3x8 slot, then there is no problem with the setup / board, the validation failed simply because a Gen3x16 slot was expected.  Operations should still complete, but you will have less bandwidth.