07-09-2008 12:50 AM
Based on some feadbacks from our users, we would re-org our Design Tools category. Please let us know your idea by replying this message.
07-17-2008 06:21 PM
Maybe split it into three categories...
1) ISE Design Tools, design entry, synthesis, implementation, timing...
2) Other Design Tools, DSP, EDK, Platform Studio, PlanAhead...
3) Simulation Tools, ISIM, MXE...
Keeps simulation only issues from getting into the implementation areas....
08-02-2008 06:33 PM
I just hope that we can have a category for Configure...
that sounds like a winner. especially with the problems common in newer versions of ISE. No offense or anything, but when i (excitedly) told everyone of my friends that i bought the Spartan 3e starter kit, they told me i shoulda went with an altera. Maybe some more support for the design tools would encourage users to use them more, and encourage your devs to release more quality software?
08-09-2008 08:57 AM
The Design Tools Category should be re-organized to give the users of all technical levels
the maximum benefit of their projects and also recruiting new XILINX Users and ramping
them up to expert level with a staged tutorial process that is a free online Interative Course
is automated to provision TUTORIAL VIDEOS, FREE TOOLS, FREE DEVELOPMENT BOARD,
STAGED LESSON TESTING, and make it a game where each user is pipelined through this
tutorial intereactive courseware online until they reach an EXPERT LEVEL (say a 1000 skill level),
then have extremely advanced users interact in the 2000+ skills level, and Guru XILINX PhD's
interact in the 3000's skills level and tutorial and tools and development board League.
Sort of like an online College, but when you reach 5000, you get to sell your Startup Company
for $350 Million. You can do it XILINX. Hurry up, TABULA and ALTERA are gaining on you !!!
August 10th, 2008
11-05-2008 01:34 AM - edited 11-05-2008 02:05 AM
One particular scheme I like for FPGA forums is that for FPGACentral: http://www.fpgacentral.com/forum
The forum offers some ideas to enhance not just the Design Tools category, but the rest of the other categories as well. For example:
1) Replace "General Discussion" with "General" and include sub-categories similar as this forum (news, announcements, upcoming events, Xilinx.com questions, etc)
2) Replace "Design Tools" with "Design Tools and Flows" and include "Installation, Project Navigator, Synthesis, Place and Route, Timing Closure, Simulation, Configuration, Others" sub-categories.
3) Create new "DSP Solutions" main category and create new sub-categories "SysGen, AccelDSP, DSP IP, Others" (consider removing DSP IP from Intellectual Property category, for the sake of reducing the risk of redundancy)
4) Create new "Support and Training" main category, with sub-categories such as "Customer Education Courses Feedback, WebCast Feedback, Technical Support Feedback, Others"