UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

System Monitor Temperature measurement

Hi

I am new to system monitor. I want to know how to measure the temperature of FPGA. Im doing this only for simulation purpose. Ive a basic idea of doing this, about DRP interface, register file interface but I have a doubt in giving a stimulus file, like what has to be written in the stimulus file to measure the FPGA temperature. Please let me know about this so I can go forward with it. Thank you in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: System Monitor Temperature measurement

Hi,

Hope you are using Virtex-5 and have gone through UG192 where ADCs are used to know the temperature.

Section "Simulation of the SYSMON Design" gives details of Stimulus file where Voltage and time are the main inputs, have you gone through it and looking for something else?

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos

Re: System Monitor Temperature measurement

Hello

Thanks for quick reply. This is how my stimulus file looks like

TIME TEMP
00000 61
20000 86
Since I'm only checking for temperature, should I have to include even Voltage. Im actually confused with this.

0 Kudos