UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Virtex 6 GTX not locking within 256 10b symbols - Part XC6VLX240T-1FF1156

We need your help if you know the answer or help me find the right person to solve this issue with GTX not locking using XC6VLX240T-1FF1156 part. Please send a response either way, I will appreciate it. Thanks

We are running into a problem when using the Xilinx GTX. We are using the ML605 Board with the GTX configured for 1.56Gbps. The issue that we have is that the SERDES should lock to the stream within in a limited amount of time. The Device on the other side sends 256 10-bit symbols before transmitting the data. So the GTX RX should lock to the stream within these 256 10-bit symbols for it to extract the data properly.

What we see from chip scope is that SERDES is taking roughly 700 10-bit Symbols before it is able to recover the data and send out to the logic.

Is there a way where we can improve the SERDES locking capability.

Please note that we are running in a synchronous Clocking scheme, where both transmitter and receiver uses the same Reference Clock.

I appreciate any help in this regard.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos