UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gunjan29484
Visitor

SIPO and PISO VHDL rtl code

need a sipo and a piso VHDL rtl code with 1 clock and 8 flip flops each.
piso taking 8 bit input and giving serial output where as sipo taking 1 bit input and giving 8 bit parallel output
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SIPO and PISO VHDL rtl code

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer satish.84ts
Observer

Re: SIPO and PISO VHDL rtl code followed by FIFO

I am having FIFO followed PISO.The fifo width is 32 input and output,i need to convert the fifo output to serial data using PISO,but piso will give serail data after 32 clock cycles and agian it needs another 32 clock cycles to convert fifo outptu to serial data.Means for every output data from fifo it is(PISO) taking 32 clock cycles to convert it into serial data.So am not able to achieve the timing synchronous to another blocks.Please help me out hoe to work PISO speed same as FIFO speed.

1 data-->32 clock cycles

2 data-->32 clock cycles

3 data-->32 clock cycles

4 data-->32 clock cycles...........so on upto fifo depth 32768(32*32768 clock cycles required to get the serail data)

What are the techniques available to speed up the PISO same as FIFO speed.Help me......... 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@barriet wrote:

Duplicate...

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=GenDis&message.id=723#M723

Please do not cross post.

What are you referencing? I found that link to be a dead end.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It looks like the thread was deleted.

Often a poster will start 2 (or often more) threads with the exact same content in multiple fiorum boards which becomes unwieldy for multiple reasons.

It makes sense to choose the most appropriate board and have one thread.

i suspect the poster deleted his other thread after that post.

bt

0 Kudos