UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

wr_data_count of mixed width XPM FIFO doesn't work

Highlighted
Adventurer

wr_data_count of mixed width XPM FIFO doesn't work

Hello,

I'm using an XPM FIFO with a 512 bit write bus and a 128 read bus.

When a single write to the FIFO is performed, I expect "wr_data_count" to increment to 1 and "rd_data_count" to increment to 4...

However, this doesn't happen. Instead, "wr_data_count" stays at 0 while "rd_data_count" rises to 2.

A simulation waveform is attached.

Capture.png

Re: wr_data_count of mixed width XPM FIFO doesn't work

Hi @shaikon

I hope you have set the attributes properly as given in page 66 of  Libraries user guide. Please verify once.

https://www.origin.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug974-vivado-ultrascale-libraries.pdf

I would like to check this behavior at our end. Can you please send us your design ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note :if your organization does not allowed to share the project in entirety  , Please share the source file where

XPM FIFO is instantiated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------