UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate part for XC2C384-10PQ208I

Hi,

i have chosen XC2C384-10PQ208I CPLD from CoolRunner II series in one of my new design but i came to know this is reaching its EOL so kindly suggest me equivalent part for this.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Alternate part for XC2C384-10PQ208I

http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/cpld/xa-coolrunner-ii.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check this pdf
http://www.xilinx.com/publications/matrix/Automotive_matrix.pdf

you may contact your FAE to detail about part availability
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Do you have a link to the EOL notification?  I hadn't heard anything about CoolRunner II EOL, unless it's just related to the PQ208 package.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Coolrunner II is alive and healthy.

Although there has been no new devices or archirtectures in CPLDs for a number of years now, their sales are still quite steady (and profitable).
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Id suggest you look at the Artex and an SPI prom if you can wait the few ms whilst the thing boots and the power difference.

I've found that to be a lot lower cost, MUCH more logic, and FPGA tools to design with ,
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Venkatesh wrote --> but i came to know this is reaching its EOL so kindly suggest me equivalent part for this.

I did not find any product Discontinue Note (PDN) about XC2C384-10PQ208I device. I found revision change notice for cool runner CPLD’s in the following link http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/pcn2004-24.pdf . May I know where did you find expected life time  information?

I would recommend you here is to talk to your local FAE/DFAE   You can get contact details of them from the following link http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm . (Also the following DFAE contact details link http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm)

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Id still use an Artex part if possible,

lower cost and much more capable, if you can suffer more power and slower to configure than a CPLD.
0 Kudos

Sorry, to crash on this thread, but I ma in a similar position in that i am carrying out a technology update on a design I am responsible for (obsolesence removal basically).

Currently I have got a XC2C256-7VQ100I device fitted to my board, and this device appears to be in production and available, however I have been told by an independent person that this device is obsolete and replaced by a XA2C256-7VQ100I.

The only reference I can find to this is in XCN07016, where this change is suggested for Automotive applications only, am I missing something obvious, or is the independent person incorrect?

Ideally I would like to keep using the CoolrunnerII as this is a proven design with no noted issues, and low operational power is a key requirment in my design (Battery operated) along with minimal changes to be made to the design (apart from where technically required), but if required I will make the nescessary changes for a longer design lifespan.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

You might get more response if you start a new thread for your question.  However it seems that rumors of CR2's demise are premature.  The XA (automotive) series would be a direct drop-in replacement, so it would not affect board layout.  However you might need to re-fit for the XA series to create a compatible JEDEC file.  In any case, no one who already posted in this thread including the two from Xilinx seemed to be aware of any EOL for the general-purpose, non-automotive CoolRunner II series.

-- Gabor
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply Gabor

You have given the same information as I believed to be the case.

Chris

0 Kudos