Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I/V Curves for XC95108 with VCCIO = 5V0

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I could find the I/V Curves for the XC9500 family with VCCIO = 5V0. The XAPP150 commonly referred to seem to show the curves for VCCIO = 3V3.

Thank you !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For 9500 family, Voh with Vccio=5V will be ~4V.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/2150.htm

/Arthur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Here (in .ZIP archive) are the IBIS models for 9500.

The download page for this .ZIP archive is here.

In XAPP150, there is a link on the first page for Xilinx IBIS files.  Clicking on the link brings you to a page with a 'files moved' warning, and a link to the new "Main File Archive page". From there you click on "All downloadable files" link for the file repository.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I'm a hobbyist with some experience but never actually paid attention to what IBIS models were. Thanks for having me work my way into that !

Now, I see that the ISE actually generates the IBIS model for my project. I can work my way down the file and find the info I'm looking for. But I'm just wondering now if the ISE can plot the diagram of the curves or if some readily available software can ?

Thanks again !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

There's a free IBIS viewer here, and I originally downloaded the full suite with an eval license, but

it's not clear to me now whether that option is still available.  There are others on the web...

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi again,

After looking more at the IBIS model data (both in the file and using a tool I fond on the NET: Sintecs IBIS Development Studio), I'm still puzzled.

My goal is to find the VOL and VOH of a port if I sink or source 1mA in one case, 10mA in another, and 20mA in a third case.

So I looked at the IO_01 Model (Not Slow and VCCIO = 5V). The pulldown data should give me the VOL values I'm looking for right ? And the pullup data should give me the VOH values ?

So from the pulldown data, I managed to find what I was looking for :

1mA : VOL = close to 0.0V (typical)

10mA: VOL =around 0.1V (typical)

20mA: VOL =around 0.2V (typical)

But when looking at the pullup data, I got confused. At 1mA, I was expecting to find a value close to 5V, but the data says something between 1.3V and 1.4V.... I don't get it...

Any help with interpreting the data ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For 9500 family, Voh with Vccio=5V will be ~4V.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/2150.htm

/Arthur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Also note that for SINTEC the default plot of the pullup function is Vcc-relative.  You can change the settings

to ground relative using Ctrl-Shft-G to see the curve referenced to ground.  Also if you care about what

happens outside the normal voltage range you can have the plot combine the pullup and Vcc clamp

curves.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Well thanks a lot guys !!
With the combined answers of eteam00, ayang, and gszakacs, I get the full picture !!
0 Kudos