UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.

Hello,

I have been researching for hours but cannot find a solution to my problem.

I am using a Xilinx Cool Runner 2 CPLD XC2C256 TC144 speed 7C and trying to program it with a Platform Cable USB II Model DLC10. I have connected everything and there is a green light on the Platform Cable but when I try to program it from iMPACT I get the following error message.

Here is my error:

PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
INFO:iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.
INFO:iMPACT:1578 - '1': Device IDCODE : 00001111111111111000111111110011
INFO:iMPACT:1579 - '1': Expected IDCODE: 00000110110101001000000010010011
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.

I have ensured that I listed the properties correctly on my Verilog code with the ISE Webpack and I have tried all baud rates.

Thanks,

Emily

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

Re: The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.

Ok so my problem was solved after some careful probing.

What was happening was that the TDO line had a very slow risetime but the rest of the signals did not. Putting a 390 ohm pull up resistor on the TDO line helped quicken the risetime nad solve the problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello @emilycbenz,

Have you checked below AR
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/13529.html

This AR explicitly mentions workaround for older CoolRunner devices.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

Thank you for your help but I tried those ideas and nothing worked.

Attached is a picture of when I scope the JTAG commands when sending a "Read Device ID" command. Yellow is TMS, Blue is TDI and Green is TCK.

Please help,

Emily

IMG_1247.JPG
Visitor

Here is another picture where the Pink line represents TDO (I could not scope all 4 signals at once). Also sending "Read Device ID" command.

IMG_1248.JPG
Visitor

Ok so my problem was solved after some careful probing.

What was happening was that the TDO line had a very slow risetime but the rest of the signals did not. Putting a 390 ohm pull up resistor on the TDO line helped quicken the risetime nad solve the problem.

Visitor

Further analysis... the pin that provided power to the jtag (Vccaux) was floating on my design so there was not adequate current causing the slow rise time in the TDO. By placing a pull up resistor enough current was drawn.