UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Trying to erase XC9536, iMPact can not see cable?

After getting a ton of errors using ISE for the simple task of erasing a chip in-circuit, I downloaded iMpact 14.2. The bottom message is "no cable connection". I have a DLC9LP that I can see just fine in my device manager (Jungo, Win 7 x64). The status light is consistently red. When I try to connect a cable (using either auto connect or manual setup), it will blink and give the message "ERROR:Cse - A reference voltage has not been detected on the ribbon cable interface to the target system ( pin 2 ).  Check that power is applied to the target system and that the ribbon cable is properly seated at both ends.  The status LED on Platform Cable USB will be GREEN if target voltage is in the proper range and applied to the correct pin." and there is no change to the message at the bottom of the screen.

This happens whether I am connected to the board or not. I should be able to see the cable no matter if the board is connected or not right? Could there be a problem with my Cable?

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: Trying to erase XC9536, iMPact can not see cable?

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp104.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp104.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Xilinx Employee

This can occur if there is also a Parallel programming cable attached. iMPACT will interrogate the Parallel (LPT) ports first. If it detects a cable on one of those, this error might appear for that cable.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan

No other cables attached, I will look through that documentation. Thank you.

Highlighted

Woohoo! Finally got the light to turn green and recognize the cable, had to patch in variable power supply, inserted cap between VREF and GND on the ribbon, now getting "Erase failed"